blogerud

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

blegos anonymous

I have chosen to make blogspot my home for all my blogging. Yes all of it ;) And that's saying something. I'm a fan of the "everybody can comment" business here at blogger. So if you've been directed here from Xanga, hi! boo freakin ya.

One thing I like doing is putting two words together to make one word. Tonight I was chatting with Jer and this whole topic of the blog-world came up. He is a bit over the top with the blogging. I would even say he's obsessed. He sometimes tries to persuade others to begin blogging in sneaky, underhanded ways. But I'm not falling for it...

Anyway, somehow the conversation went in the direction of the amount of comments posted on each blog entry. I think Jer was telling me that he had 1 and a half bazillion posts on one of his blogspot entries. I told him he needed to keep his blog-ego in check. And so the creation of the word, "blego" came into being. I don't think Jer's blego has run amuck although I'm going to be keeping my eye on it ....

But maybe its not so important what other people notice or acknowledge about what I think or say. It's probably more important that I just say and do things out of the right mind and heart motivation. I don't think significance comes through accolades. I've been trying to figure out what Jesus meant when he said that you have to die in order to really live. This might be a piece of that puzzle.

7 Comments:

Blogger jeremy postal said...

Speaking of puzzles; I saw a really interesting post about puzzles called 'Jesus Doesn't Fill Your Void' on jeremypostal.blogspot.com! ha!
The mighty Chad has fallen to the world of blog! I will be watching your blego....

12:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Let go of my blego...

just a thought.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chad
just checkin out your blog.
Yup, just checkin...

10:40 PM  
Blogger Boomer said...

Hi Chad, you're sitting right beside me. Now I'm commenting. It seems that blegos and shameless plugs go hand in hand...lol.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Boomer said...

I'm just bitter because my blego @ mikeboomer.blogspot.com is damaged.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

A blego. So true. I have to watch my blego often.

We need to hang out sometime.

Seriously.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Chad said...

Hello all. Dan - yeah man we should get together. I'm away for a week now but soon my friend, soon.

Your brother Randy cooked all my food at Nanoose this week. He's a good cook. But he's a strange bird.
(in an endearing kind of way)

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home